Wednesday, December 05, 2007

What was in the Letter from MHGS

I have the luxury of instant messaging with Jean throughout the day while I'm at "The Office." Monday she kept watching for the mail carrier (actually, ours doesn't carry any mail as he doesn't walk – he's more of a mail driver). A letter should be arriving from Seattle anytime now. No mail yet. No mail yet. No mail yet. He finally came just before I got home from work Monday night. But, he didn't bring anything that we thought was important. Just one of those Valu-Paks full of coupons for services we don't need.

Tuesday, the mail dude was especially early. Jean went out and got the mail. She IM'd me that there was a credit card offer from Chase. An advertisement. And, "oooooooo. What do we have here?" She was being VERY cheeky as no one could miss the HUGE envelope from Mars Hill Graduate School. She didn't open it. I eagerly waited out the next 90 minutes until I picked Sam up from school and raced home to see what was in the big envelope.

Sunday morning I was feeling better about my fate. I remembered what I had written during the writing portion of my interview a few weeks back. I felt more at ease.

When Sam and I arrived home I tried to be calm. My eyes searched frantically for the "big envelope." I couldn't see it. Finally I blurted out, "Where is it???????" Jean said, "On the counter," with a big smile. She asked if I would come into the living room and open it. I really wanted to open it in a room all alone, but I obliged. I read the opening sentences to myself. Jean asked, "WHAT DOES IT SAY??????" It said:

Dear Ed,
It is my pleasure to inform you that the admission committee at Mars Hill Graduate School has approved your application for admission. I am delighted to extend to you an invitation to study in the M.A. in Counseling Psychology program beginning fall trimester 2008...


I also received a call last night from Crystal, the director of recruitment at MHGS. She wanted to be sure that I had received the e-mail back from her that I was considered for the MACP program, AND TO CONGRATULATE ME THAT I HAD BEEN ACCEPTED TO STUDY WITH THEM AT MARS HILL GRADUATE SCHOOL! She said that I am going to be a great addition to their community.

I told Jean, "I should have bought the $5 MHGS sweatshirt while I had the chance..."

3 comments:

Cheeky said...

We are very excited for your family's big adventure! Praying for your house to sell quickly and the move to go smoothly and jobs to appear and housing to pop up and a church to welcome you and schools for Sam and Alina enroll them and money to appear each time the school bills are due. We've been where you are going and are praying you through the challenging path that lies ahead for your family.

Hillary said...

Congratulations, Ed! That's so exciting!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ed...

I just rean across your blog. I'm a first year MHGS student - glad to hear you'll be joining us next year. Feel free to email if you want the low-down on neighborhoods, schools for kids, etc.

Jennifer
jenroach at comcast dot net
www.MyTrueSelf.Typepad.com