Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Under Pressure

(Such a great David Bowie with Queen song!)

Yesterday morning I stopped turning a blind eye to the lack of water pressure in our house. The lack of water pressure was noticeable especially in the upstairs bathroom. The faucet for the sink would belch air for a few seconds, and the shower had about half pressure.

Ignorance was bliss. Especially because the pump for our well looks like it is the original one, and worse yet the neighbors on both sides of us had new wells drilled a couple of summers ago. Yesterday morning I was doing laundry and water stopped coming into the washer. I couldn't ignore it any longer. I went down and, yep, the well pump wasn't running. I banged on it. Still didn't help. I pondered not going in to "The Office." I still had a sick day available. But, I pressued on. I took a shower with half water pressure. I went downstairs and the pump was running. I expressed to Jean that I was still going to call the well guy because something wasn't right.

The well guy came out in the afternoon. He borrowed a paper clip from Jean, and cleaned off the rust/deposits from the line that relayed pressure information back to the pump. WHEW! An $85 service call is WAY better than a new pump, or, worse yet, digging a new well.

1 comment:

Cheeky said...

Jean ought to bill him at least $75 for the use of the paper clip!