Tuesday, December 18, 2007

In A Pit With A Lion on a Snowy Day - DONE!

This morning I finished reading In a Pit with A Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson. This is simply the best book I have read to date.

A few years ago I heard Margaret Feinberg speak at a Catalyst Lab. She had mentioned the book Ordering Your Private World by Gordon MacDonald during her talk. Her life and my life had a lot of similarities. We had e-mailed back and forth a bit. She said that she reads Ordering Your Private World at the beginning of every year to help her reset priorities. I read the book. For where I was at the time, the book was a bit to much about rigidity and disciplines. That was the very thing I was trying to be free from.

While reading In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day I realized that is a book that I need to read every year to help reset my priorities. The book is that good. The book is that necessary. The book is that re-orientating. I have already put a date in my iCal for December 2008 to read it again. Once all of the reading and papers and exams and classes are done after my first term at MHGS. Though I will probably need a break from reading, In a Pit will help remind me of the Lion God has called me to chase.

3 comments:

Margaret Feinberg said...

Yeah! So glad you found a book that works for you! That's awesome. We're huge Mark Batterson fans.

Ed said...

HOLY DAIRY COW! THE Margaret Feinberg commented on my blog! How cool is that?!

Anonymous said...

Ordering your private world is a great book as well. Sounds like I need to add the two to my reading list.

Anna