Tuesday, November 20, 2007

So, How was Seattle?

Seattle was terrific! Jean's blog has a lot of great information about our trip. I will most likely leave a lot of things out, so I won't even attempt to mention all that went on.

We visited the market at Pike's Place Thursday, it got dark early. Friday I interviewed. An hour's worth of writing, followed by a group interview. Then lunch at Anthony's Fish Bar. The afternoon was more just learning about different facets of the school. For dinner we went to Jai Thai for Thai food with several students and prospective students. It was good to know them as people, not just students. The evening wrapped up back at the school with a session by Dan Allender. It was great. Saturday was more learning and listening.

Acceptance letters will go out to prospective students on December 1. If I am accepted, my acceptance may be delayed. All of my application paperwork was sent in back in August with the intention of pursuing a masters of divinity, with my electives being used towards counseling. That evolved into wanting to do a counseling and masters of divinity program at the same time. When I got there I found out that the school had just determined that it was no longer giving the option of doing two programs at one time. I know that God uses me most in a counseling role, so I changed my program choice. Over the weekend they were looking at me as if I were applying for the masters of divinity program. Now, they will need to go back and look at me as a prospective counseling student. That may simply mean the delay of determining my acceptance, I may need to write another essay or two, and/or I may need to go back to Seattle in late winter for another interview.

1 comment:

Jean said...

I concur. It WAS a terrific weekend! :)