Monday, November 05, 2007

Friendship

I have needed to give up serving in ministry because of needing to focus my attention on getting our house in selling condition.

This "time away" has proven interesting. It is hard going to church because there are places where I see help is needed, mostly in the lives of hurting people, yet I'm up to my armpits in Seattle plans. I dig in where I can, but I can't be there longterm for anyone.

Another interesting thing has been friendships. Some guys I have served with a long time. It is hard because the only time I hear from them is when they have questions about Men's Ministry. There are no questions about how I am really doing. I have served with these guys A LONG time.

But, there are others. Those brothers who check in on my daily because they care about ME. Not about what I can give or do for them. They ask the deep questions about my heart. About where I am struggling. Where my joy is. How my family is dealing with the transition. They have me in mind. That is awesome friendship.

No comments: