Wednesday, November 14, 2007

And It Slipped Away

I went out to the ski hill today to ride what I assumed could be the last outside ride until at least the end of hunting season, perhaps until Feb. 1, and quite possibly until spring. Riding the ski area has proven to be a hard, challenging, awesome course. I was stretching and a guy in a red truck, who works for the ski area, asked if I was going mountain biking. I said yes. He said that I couldn't, that it was closed. I had thought today was the last day to ride since deer hunting season starts tomorrow. Nope. Saturday was the last day. Nuts.

Saturday I did ride with Sherpa and Brick. A great ride with two awesome friends. It was a great day that day. Good ride, great conversation.

But, it has slipped away. Riding this summer has been great and it is very hard to let go. Some great mornings riding alone with God and some very good conversations with him. I got to know some great guys, and got to know some great guys even more. It has been a sport that I hoped would better my physical shape, and it did (I lost 14 lbs. this summer!). The unexpected benefit was how much I would grow spiritually and emotionally by being pushed and challenged by God and by friends. Today is a sad day. Like saying goodbye to a good friend.

No comments: