Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Is it Really Comcastic????

We have been without cable television and internet since Monday afternoon. Jean needs the internet to work. And, it also gives her a look into the outside world. Monday afternoon she was told that it was a wide range service interruption. Yesterday morning all of those outages were taken care of, but we still had no cable television or internet. The Sweetpea wasn't happy. The Comcast people said that the soonest they could have someone out is Saturday. We are having Thanksgiving out our house. Hello! There is a game to watch!

Last night when we got back from Moe's I went out with my flashlight and checked the Comcast box by the road. Looked fine. Everything seemed in order where the Bill, the greatest of all transformers, ran the cable line under the deck (it had been on top of the deck for anyone to trip on since before we moved in). I called Comcast and after waiting my obligatory 17 minutes for the customer service person to come on, I explained that neither our cable tv or internet were working. I asked if they could diagnose the problem from there, or if they in anyway could get anyone out before Saturday. She asked, "Did you check the connection at the back or your tv?" I replied, "Now why would the connection at the back of my television cause the connectivity lights on my modem not to blink?" She replied, "I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU SIR!" Okay. Then, yes, I've checked it. She said that she would have someone out between 2 and 5 pm Wednesday. Excellent! And, someone was actually at our house fixing it by noon. The Sweetpea is now happy.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Yes, yes I am one happy sweetpea. AND it's on in time to watch Corner Gas! :)

Greg said...

I refuse to use Comcast until they cease and desist with the use of "Comcastic." Those commercials make me want to smash the TV.