Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Saturday's Fun

Saturday was a windy day. Very windy. We had been invited to the Bakers' for their neighborhood's costume parade. The Bakers are trying to build relationships in their neighborhood.

We went. It was a blustery, but great parade. Jean and I know several families in their neighborhood. Some go to our church, some don't. It was a great time of conversation while walking around the 1 mile block. Neighbors that didn't participate in the parade stood out at the curb handing out candy and goodies. It was a good time.

After the parade we gathered in a neighbors' garage for cider and doughnut holes. Then, we went to the Bakers' and carved pumpkins and had dinner. Sam carved a robot pumpkin. Our kids love the Baker kids, and the Baker kids adore our kids. Of course, Jean and I love the Bakers. They are great friends.

We enjoyed ourselves until it was getting to be bed time for Sam and Alina. Kevin helped me load the pumpkins in our truck. Then, we buckled the kids in and headed home. I found a bag on the console of the truck. On the way home I opened it. There was a book by Stephen Ambrose titled Undaunted Courage. I am a huge, huge fan of Meriwether Lewis. After doing a lot of life together, Kevin gave me this book, with a very humbling inscrption thanking me for journeying with him and thanking me for allowing him to be a part of my journey. Good, good stuff.

No comments: