Saturday, October 07, 2006

No Lemons, Just Sweet Potatoes

Yesterday during break I went to the secretary of state to get the a new title and new plates for the green machine. Then, I took it to Tuffy for a new muffler and battery. D & J told me that it probably needed a new battery, and definitely needed a muffler. The battery was 4 years old and the life on a battery is usually 3-5 years, so no problem. They also knew it only got a few radio stations as there was no antenna.

Tuffy is a place I have grown to trust as the only place to go for auto service. See, we have this pathfinder. The dealer couldn't figure out the rattle in the front in when we turned corners. Another mechanic couldn't either and said that everything in the front end was fine. One Saturday I took the pathfinder to Tuffy for a new exhaust system because a big chunk of sheet metal was hanging down off of the muffler. They said that it really didn't need a new muffler. It was really still in great shape. The outer sheet metal could just be pulled off. They always due a 21 point or so inspection. They did find that it needed a new ball joint in the front end. I didn't even tell them about the rattle I thought no one would ever solve. And, they found what the Nissan dealer and another mechanic never could. So, they rock.

So, I dropped the Honda off. They called me back when the battery and exhaust system were finished and they didn't report any other needed repairs. SWEET!

We picked it up, then all went to Culver's for dinner. From their I went to Meijer and got an antenna and one of my tasks for Saturday is to put it in.

On Jean's blog, she wrote a post that made it sound like we were having a baby. It was pretty funny. She said that she couldn't wait to find out if it was a boy or a girl. J told Jean that it is definitely a boy. I was sort of hoping it was a girl then I could call it Rhonda the Honda. I don't know any boys' names that ryhme with Honda. I think I am just going to call it the Sweet Potato because IT ROCKS!

1 comment:

Jean said...

I concure. It is quite the SWEET potato. :)