Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Note to Self

(be warned, this is a bit gross)

Note to Self – Remember to eat dinner prior to orienteering start time on Tuesdays...

I usually have dinner when I get home from orienteering. I usually get home about 10:30 after enjoying some good conversation, which comes after a good small group, which comes after a good worship time, which comes after interacting with guys as they navigate the woods for 90 minutes, which comes after 2 1/2 hours of placing control points in the woods.

Last night I rolled in about 11. The conversations and connections are getting deeper and deeper which is incredibly cool. I figured it was a bit late for dinner to settle well. I thought I could get through the night on the half glass of cream soda, elf fudge cookies, and handful after handful of "Blazin' Buffalo" flavored Doritos, "Pepper Jack" flavored Doritos, and "Nacho Cheese" flavored Doritos. This morning I woke up with a sour stomach, and I lost a few of the Doritos. Oh, believe me, I am still going to eat Doritos. I am just going to make sure there are no rumblies in my tumblies before turning in.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Don't know if i'll be able to eat Dorito's again. :-O

but i am sure glad it wasn't the flu fly bug coming for a visit...