Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Comparing the Numbers

Today Alina wanted to take the bikes to Green Lake to celebrate her learning to ride her bike. We rode around the 3 mile lake, had lunch there, and even rode from there to church to visit Jean. At the end of the ride I noticed my odometer had 21.2 miles on it. Not my "tripometer," my "odometer." This year I have ridden a grand total of 21.2 miles! In comparison, two years ago I was pushing 1,000 miles by the middle of July. And those were trail miles, not road miles.

Yes, I miss riding. I miss it incredibly. I miss the healing that it brings. This season of hasn't allowed for it. School and being a dad have needed my time. I am hoping that this fall will allow for riding, at least once per week. Mountain biking is great self-care, something that I have learned both intellectually and practically is very important. Good Bal(l)ance is everything!

No comments: