Monday, February 18, 2008

Three Pink Roses and Gum

Wednesday was Jean's birthday and Thursday was Valentines Day. Wednesday night I picked up ice cream on the way home from work. I thought I would also get a Valentines Day bouquet for Jean, and 3 red roses for Jean. I knew that Alina would also like getting flowers, so I picked out 3 pink roses for her. Pink and purple are her favorite colors. Standing in line I realized I needed to get Sam something, too. So, I grabbed a pack of gum.

At home the kids were sitting at the table and I gave Alina the three pink roses. The smile on her face was SO big. I looked at Sam and he was sobbing. I said, "What's wrong buddy?" He said, "I want flowers." I said, "Buddy. I got you something better. Gum!" He was immediately happy. He made a fist, pulled it towards him, and said, "Yesssssssss!" Then, my darling princess became sad and said, "I want some gum."

No comments: