Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I'm Easily Confused

I'm not that smart. I'm easily confused. Some things make me smile. Some things I don't get.

Right now on the cancellation site on TV 8 shows "Supper cancelled" for the South Haven Area Senior Services in Allegan county. It was funnier when I read that it was "Super cancelled" instead of Supper cancelled.

Last night I was listening to NPR on my way to the furniture store. There was a man talking about how long term care for non-obese, non-smokers was much more expensive than for those who were obese or those who smoked. He concluded that those who were overweight and those who smoked die earlier, while healthy people live longer and assisted living at the end of a person's life is so expensive. WHAT?! Stop. Time out here. Even if you looked at it without a heart, one would conclude that healthier people contribute more over their lifetime because they take less sick days. But, that is even a morbid and ominous way to think of an Image Bearer. To come to the end of life and, since care is too, costly, you can be disposable. I still don't get it.

One commercial I don't get is an ad that is being aired for Lunesta. I couldn't find this specific commercial on YouTube, so I went to Lunesta's website and in printed text is exactly what I thought I have been hearing: Call your doctor right away if after taking Lunesta you walk, drive, eat or engage in other activities while asleep. Interesting indeed.

No comments: