Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Reading

Jean was awesome enough to procure a small log cabin for me for several days so that I could get some reading done for one of my classes. With having five classes, being a husband, dad, and I'm sure other things, too, it has been easy to fall behind. For one class, I need to have four books read and two papers written by the time classes resume next week. Thus, the cabin. I got the hardest book done, and half of another. So, finishing 2 1/2 books, and two papers for that class should be a breeze. Maybe...

The cabin was simple. No TV. No internet. It had a kitchen, an eating area/sleeping area, and a bathroom with a cast-iron tub. I didn't lounge around and sleep the time away. During meals I would watch a Catalyst speaker. Other than that, I just read. Pulled a couple of chairs up next to the gas stove to stay toasty and just read. But, I feel refreshed. And, I feel like I have more reading to do (after I play with the kids).









No comments: