Wednesday, February 03, 2010

The Big FOUR-OHHHHH!

Last week I turned 40! [Gasp!] And, Jean surprised me with the gift of Sherpa! A great gift indeed! I was sitting between classes and working on my computer. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a body coming at me. Then it bear-hugged me from the side. I heard a whisper––"Happy birthday my brother!" I kept asking who it was because for the life of me I couldn't figure it out. It was Johnny! I couldn't believe he was standing here, next to me. With a big tear running down his face. Oh, what a great gift.

He was here for 5 quick days. I enjoyed showing him the sites of things like Pike's Place Market and Seattle's underground, to Deception Pass, and taking him to eat alligator.

He was a great refreshment to my heart because the last several weeks have been a time in which I have been missing dear friendships. He is a man who I can just be myself around and he loves me in that and for that. Ahhhhh. What a great birthday.

1 comment:

anne said...

So glad Johnny was able to be there! :)