Saturday, February 27, 2010

820 Pages

If I calculated correctly, I have read 820 pages in the last week. For some veracious readers, that is not very much. For me––someone who, despite being in grad school, has never been a fast reader or even enjoyed reading––is a huge accomplishment. I read because I "should."

So, to have read 820 pages this week––which was reading week, but most people usually vacation––is a feat. A feat considering I read laboriously, Jean was gone, I was sick, and had two sick kids, is quite remarkable. I am grateful to Jean for giving me the 3 days at the cabin to get through a book and a half. If it wasn't for that, I would be in big trouble. Now, I am at the end of book four. I just need to type two papers for Monday and I'm golden. Until Tuesday...

2 comments:

Jean said...

well done love!!!! Can't wait to see you in 6+ hours!!!

Ren said...

You're already golden, Ed. Aim for Platinum. :)