Monday, September 11, 2006

Chia Shoe

The grass is coming in nicely in our back yard since having it excavated for the new septic tank and drain field. Most yards in our neighborhood, including ours, are clay soil. The weird thing about clay soil is when the soil dries out, it become hard as a rock. Or, in this case, hard has fire kilned clay. When it is wet it sticks to everything. Walking around among the new seedlings to water them usually amounts to about 10 lbs. of clay attaching to each shoe. So much for needing ankle weights.

Saturday I went out and spread more seed to fill in the bare spots. I noticed several grass seedlings stuck to the clay stuck to my shoe. I am considering creating a chia shoe. I just need to remember to keep them watered. Perhaps if I leave them out in the rain for a few days like today I can enjoy wearing my chia shoes in about 5-7 days. FUN!

2 comments:

anne said...

Ha! I'd like to see those shoes...

Jean said...

I'd say 10 pounds is acurate. And I just cried over the newly sprouted seedlings I was trampling on with those brick shoes. Ok..not really, but I did feel really bad for stepping on them...