Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A Hiking Kilt for Men

Sunday after church we went with our friends Mitch and Anna to our favorite eat a ton of food and feel really full for nearly 16 hours for a cheap amount and it's really good for you restaurant, Moe's. Mitch likes to backpack. I like to backpack. We have taken a trip together with a couple of other guys from our church to do a section of the North Country Trail and Manistee River Trail.

While at lunch, Mitch was telling me about an article in the Grand Rapids Press where this guy was testing some camping gear. And, he was wearing a hiking kilt. A hiking kilt?? What the heck! I guess they are supposed to be really comfortable. Maybe I will wear one someday while I am backpacking. Maybe not. My wife Jean and I are going backpacking this weekend. I know I won't wear one this weekend.

I told Mitch that it would be cool to do a sweet photoshop edit of Kevin's head (Kevin is one of the guys that went with us on the trip). So, I did. I promised Kevin in an oath of brotherhood that I wouldn't post the photoshopped picture of him in the kilt. So, here is a picture of some dude hiking with a kilt on. If you know Kevin, just imagine his sweet melon where this guy's head is. Every time I see the picture of Kevin's head in the kilt picture, I nearly fall out of my chair dying of laughter.

4 comments:

Jean said...

i'm still not sure about the kilt. though I think you're legs would look hot in it :)

Ed said...

Maybe, but I'm not shaving my legs to do it. You can count on that!

Jean said...

i wouldn't blame you one bit if you didn't. ;)

Kassi Gilbert said...

my husband has one of these "utilikilts" he loves it...but he's Scottish.