Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Game Three

I had to miss Sam's second game because of a mandatory (S)Ending event for graduation. Thankfully Jean shot video of the game because it was a thriller. After playing overtime, the game ended with a 30-30 tie.

I was glad to be back in the stands for game three. I am such a loud parent, though. I am THE loudest parent, and louder than the coaches. I cheer for all of the kids, not just Sam. One boy on the team is very tall, but seems to wander around aimlessly. I encourage him to get his arms up, to rebound, to shoot, and tell him "good job." At half time I asked Jean if I was too loud. She said yes, and that Casey's mom, the mother of the tall boy who wanders aimlessly, was looking at my when I was yelling/cheering. I said that I didn't care because he didn't have a dad there cheering for him, and that his mom was reading a book while he was playing.

Anyway, Sam had another great, great game. At one point in the game, a parent yelled out, "Who has 5? You don't want to leave him unmarked!" As the game went on, more parents were asking who had number 5.

In the video, Sam is #5 in the white jersey . . .

Sam Basketball 01-22-2011 from Ed Ballance on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Okay, that was very fun. :D Sam, you move that ball so naturally on the court. You LOOK like a basketball player, and your full-court drive to the basket was AWESOME.

It was good to see Alina for a second, too. Love you guys.