Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fly Fishing

First year, first semester students at MHGS are exposed to fly fishing through reading A River Runs Through It for Hermeneutics class, and reading The Earth is Enough for the class Faith, Hope, and Love. My first fall, we were even invited to go on a fly fishing trip over reading week. Dan Allender is a huge fly fisherman, and so is my favorite professor Steve Call. My friend Tim Jackson back in Michigan is also an avid fly fisherman. So, it was only a matter of time before I would attempt to take it up.

Last night was my first fly fishing class. It was great. We learned about different fish, river and lake fishing, and about the equipment. Sunday we finish the intro class by learning about entomology (the bugs fish eat), how to tie knots, and actually attempting to cast. So far, the class was certainly worth the price of admission.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when u learn u can teach your aunt sue. but u should stand back grandpa ballance tried to teach me to cast and i did hook right in the back of the shirt collar woops love aunt sue