Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Project Mayhem

Wikipedia gives a brief synopsis of Project Mayhem. "As the fight club's membership grows (and, unbeknownst to the narrator, spreads to other cities across the country), Tyler begins to use it to spread anti-consumerist ideas and recruits its members to participate in increasingly elaborate attacks on corporate America. This was originally the narrator's idea, but Tyler takes control from him. Tyler eventually gathers the most devoted fight club members (referred to as "space monkeys") and forms 'Project Mayhem', a cult-like organization that trains itself as an army to bring down modern civilization."

Last night, Johnny Sherpa planned Project Mayhem for my house. He recruited a bunch of guys to move bricks and debris, remove more bricks from the front of the house, and to rebuild the inner structure of the wall that was damaged. The men humbled me by their unselfishness to do a lot of grunt labor, and their willingness to show an act of love to me and my family. These are a group of men I am proud to love and call my brothers. Not because of what they do for me, but because they would do this for anyone.

No comments: