Tuesday, August 09, 2011

3 Stories of Wet

Story 1: Last Tuesday Johnny invited me to ride. I felt too embarrassed to accept. It is amazing what three years of sitting, studying and writing does to a person. I knew I wasn't close to the shape I was in three years ago. He was kind. "No pressure," he said. "We'll just ride." It was a good invitation. Saturday I rode with my two favorite guys––Johnny and my son Sam. It was SO humid. I was so wet with sweat. It was a good, good ride. And, it made me want to continue riding.

Story 2: There was a block party Saturday afternoon in our new neighborhood, and it went into the evening. The firefighters came in the late afternoon, plugged their hoses into the hydrants, and sprayed down from the ladder. The kids just loved it being doused with spray. Very wet.

Story 3: It has been nearly two weeks since I've done laundry. Late last week I realized that our house has an outlet for an electric dryer, but there are no electric wires to attach it to the electric panel. Normally, it is pretty simple to run wiring and install a new breaker in the electric panel. But, in this case, the breaker box is already full. There is no room to install another breaker. The person that owns the house doesn't want to update the breaker panel since there is already service for a gas dryer in the basement. I don't want to buy a gas dryer because of cost. So, today I finally did laundry. I had completed three loads of wash by the time I finally located where the clothes pins were. I went out, and started hanging clothes to dry. I had nearly 2/3 of a basket hung, and it started raining. A good, steady rain.


No comments: