Saturday, September 04, 2010

Garage Sales

Jean and I came across several big finds as we combed the area garage sales Friday and Saturday. Jean's treasures were two super large sheet cake pans, a metal bowl, and pot large enough for her country boil!

I found a kerosene heater at the rotary club's sale. It was listed for $22.50. One of the men helping with the sale was very kind. After starting it for me he said I could have it for $10. No arguments here. I am not quite sure when I will be needing it, but it was one of those items I couldn't pass up. Maybe it was the dream of working on something in the garage in the winter time, combined with the fond memories of gathering with the guys at the barn after orienteering and Bible study as we stood around eating Doritos and cookies telling stories and laughing.

Not pictured: Sam's incredible deal of the day––a pogo stick for $1.50!

No comments: