Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Countdown is On I Guess

The countdown has begun. The other night it struck Jean and me that we are a year away from my schooling being done. WOW! I was texting with the Sherpa today, and he brought up that my graduation is 400 days away. I teased him asking if he had a countdown widget on his computer.

Officially, it is 402 days until graduation day––June 25, 2011.

Sitting in my personal therapy last night I was reflecting on my own personal growth. There has been so much growth. Even in the fact that I really take time to reflect about the small moments in my day and what certain things invoke from my past (this is what MHGS students do, and it is weird that I am being transformed into one of them) seems really big.

Because I am so excited about where I am now, I am really excited about the next 402 days. I am not excited about just getting beyond the 402 days. I am excited about what these 402 days hold. The remainder of this summer term will continue to be exhausting––many hours of in-class and out of class work. I am excited about the summer––trips, day trips, basketball, and coloring. I am excited about the last three terms––my internship, great electives, and great requirements. I am excited about going home tonight––to my kids, and to my bride of 15 years tomorrow. I am in a spot of great personal and interpersonal growth. I hope it doesn't end after these 402 days are over.

No comments: