Thursday, April 02, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

It IS the most wonderful time of the year! BIKE SEASON!

I just finished getting my bike ready. I started installing from easiest to hardest:

  • New Seat
  • New frame mounted pump
  • New rear cogset
  • New chain
  • New brake caliper
  • New front and rear brake cables
  • New front and rear shifter cables
The shifter cables scared me to death, especially the rear. But, since the limits were set well on the high and low set screws, it was a pretty simple job. And, I'm proud of how easily it went.

Now, tomorrow, if the rains hold off, Sam and I are headed out for the first trail ride of the year. Probably nothing too difficult. Probably over to St. Edwards just to get the blood flowing in the legs and air in the lungs. Sam got a new bike for his birthday, the lightest frame made for his size. It's 8 lbs. lighter than his previous bike, and it's a better quality bike. It should make for much more enjoyable rides for Sam.

No comments: