Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Rejoice with Those who Rejoice

Today that seemed easier said than done. I was trying to rejoice with my boss as he described the trip he is leaving for tomorrow to the Virgin Islands with his family. His wife drives a BMW. Jean lost her job a couple of weeks ago, and we share a car that we were given for a dollar.

I was really wrestling with rejoicing for him. Telling God it was hard to rejoice. God said it was okay for me to rejoice because He has big plans for me. His plans for me go beyond the four walls of this unrewarding job, or an island vacation. For that, I can rejoice.

3 comments:

anne said...

Ok sure, that's a great principle, but there's also something to be said about poor management skills and unhealthy investments. Sheesh. Oh, and how about just being plain rude?

Ed said...

It wouldn't be so bad, but he and his wife were there in late February... "Rejoice... Rejoice..."

Greg said...

ReeeeeeeJOICE!...in the Lord always. I will say it again: Reeeeeeejoice!

Anne taught me that.