Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Biggest Stuffed Animal

On Monday nights Jean has Bible Study with her ladies. For me, it is a fun night with the kids. Pillow fights, stories, games, slay the dragon, all sorts of wild fun.

Last night Sam and Alina got to stay up a little later than they normally do. Alina fell right to sleep. Sam came downstairs to tell me that his Polar Express CD was making a funny noise. He watched a couple of possessions of Monday Night Football with me. I knew he was passed tired. He didn't want to go upstairs alone. He is at a point in his age where he will usually go back to bed by himself. Sometimes it takes a small amount of coaxing. Last night he needed a bit more coaxing. I convinced him that Alina was there, and that there were plenty of lights on. He wanted to go sleep in Alina's bed, which he has never done before. I told him he needed to fall asleep in his own bed, especially because his room had a lamp on, and Alina's didn't.

When Jean got home she woke me up on the couch and told me that I needed to come see what was in Alina's bed. The big lump in her bed didn't phase me at first because she always puts lots of things in her bed to sleep with. Then I realized it was Sam. His bunny is on her head in the picture. I picked him up to carry him to bed and he was talking in his sleep the entire time.

3 comments:

anne said...

How cute is that!? :)

Jean said...

You beat me to it!! :)

I can't believe they both fell asleep in there with so little wiggle room!

Ed said...

And both of them are wigglers, aren't they!!!