Friday, October 07, 2011

Good Life



OneRepublic is the band I'm listening to now. A band that I can't seem to get enough of right now. In my journey of what feels like hell––a place where Jesus entered between his death and resurrection––my life is both hell, and good. Graduate school was my death. Now, I wait for resurrection. I wait. And, in the waiting that often feels like hell, my life is very good right now. I enjoy taking walks in the fall colors with Jean. I enjoy the moment of making the bed with her and her face, and in the moment realizing I would not trade my life. And, before the bus comes in the morning, and again in the evening before dinner, I get to play catch with Sam and enjoy hearing what is important in his good life. It is seeing the wildness of how Alina dresses herself. And hearing her sing as she goes about. And watching her love and feeling her love––either in her hugs or when she kisses my forehead or when she is catching bugs.

A portion of OneRepublic's song says:
When you're happy like a fool
Let it take you over
When everything is out
You gotta take it in

Oh this has gotta be the good life
This has gotta be the good life
This could really be a good life, good life

I have a good, good life.

No comments: