Saturday, July 09, 2011

Graduation Celebration

Graduation was two weeks ago. It has been a busy few weeks. My mom and Jean's parents arrived on June 22. My Aunt Sue and Wally arrived June 23. Besides graduation activities, we went to Pike's Market. The day after graduation the kids, my mom, Sue and Wally, and I headed to Tillamook, OR to the cheese/ice cream/milk factory, and then to Canon Beach. It was a great, great day. On Tuesday the kids, my mom, Sue and Wally, and I went to the Klondike/Gold Rush Museum, Pioneer Square area, and we toured Qwest Field (where the Seahawks play). The tour was amazing. We were able to see places few people get to see. Sam was even able to give a post-game interview, just like coach Pete Carroll. On Wednesday Jean was able to get the day off of work, and join us for a trip to the San Juans. Her parents joined us that day, too. Sue and Wally left Thursday, and Jean's parents left last Saturday. My mom was able to stay until this past Wednesday. Thursday was spent packing for the big move.

With all of the activity, graduation hasn't really sunk in yet. This video helps it sink in. It also helps me remember my dear friend Sonny, who passed away during Spring semester. His dear wife accepted his degree on his behalf.

Graduation June 25 2011 from Ed Ballance on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU FOR POSTING IT!! Tears of joy.

John says to tell you, "That's a nice hoodie."

John and Valerie