Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tips from a Baker

When we lived in Michigan I loved spending Halloween with my friend Kevin Baker. He has a heart for people. He would set up a portable firepit and have hot chocolate for the parents to stop and warm up. He did this for two reasons: to love, and to be able to have a conversation with them.

Last year, being in Seattle, I missed hanging with him. For a week or more he talked about having the hot chocolate delivered. I could only imagine that it came in a truck like the one pictured. Just add several million hot chocolate packets to the water truck and let it mix while it travels down the road to Kevin's. We missed hanging with them. We called their house and Jean got to talk with Miss Kari for a while last Halloween night.

This year, my friend will be in China for Halloween. And, this year I decided to pick up his torch. I went on Craig's List and purchased this firepit for $35 (a sweet value considering THE THING IS HUGE!). We tried it out last night by roasting hotdogs and making smores. I am looking forward to lighting this thing up Halloween, and having some hot chocolate ready for two reasons: to love, and to be able to have a conversation.

Kevin: I love ya like a play cousin!

No comments: